Navigation List

Friday, October 4, 2019

GREEK YOGURT LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS

A light lemony cheesecake dessert that makes two layers, one lemony layer, and another cheesecake layer. You'll be coming back for more. When I make this again I will double the lemon mixture. The cream cheese mixture is super thick and creamy so it can definitely stand the larger lemon amount. Very excited to have found a lemon bar recipe that's a little different from the rest. I think I will also try it with Key lime juice. I think this would be beautiful for a wedding or baby shower.

These turned out great. A lot of steps but well worth it. I topped mine with a thin layer of sweetened sour cream (about a cup of sour cream w/ confectioners sugar to taste and a drop...litterally a drop...of lemon extract). I only topped it because I liked the more finished look. These were a hit with our family and friends. Great refreshing summer dessert w/o instant pudding or cool whip! (no offense to those desserts, I make them too!) :


GREEK YOGURT LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS

 I put the cream cheese on top of the lemon mixture and thought there was no way this was going to set and separate. I was wrong, turned out great and everyone loved it. 



GREEK YOGURT LEMON CHEESECAKE BARS
4/ 5
Oleh