Navigation List

Thursday, October 17, 2019

TWIX COOKIES

This was a really good. While I wouldn't say it tasted exactly like a Twix, it was still VERY tasty! The shortbread cookie part was good; not as crisp as a Twix, but still really good. I used the microwave method for the caramel making and it was easy and worked very well! The next time I make it I think I will use milk chocolate on top instead of semi-sweet; personal preference! All in all a great and easy to make dessert.

With all that said, I did end up borrowing some chocolate from a neighbor who happened to call to check on me. I was so upset she brought some over from up the hill so I could finish this up. I then used the double boiler method for the chocolate and then it seemed to come together better. Taste wise it is not the candy bar but it is good! DH will be thrilled.
TWIX COOKIES

INGREDIENTS

1½ cups softened butter
1 cup powdered sugar
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
15 oz caramel **See notes
2 cups milk choc chips
2 tsp shortening

Get the complete instrucitons here >>>> TWIX COOKIES @ thisgrandmaisfun.com
TWIX COOKIES
4/ 5
Oleh