Navigation List

Friday, October 18, 2019

Candy Cane Oreo Truffles

I got this recipe for "Oreo Balls" at my cooking club cookie exchange last year and have had HUGE success with them. I made them for my hubby's company picnic and they were so well received that I had people actually asking if they could pay me to make them for their families for the holidays! The recipe I have is the same as this except it calls for refrigerating the scooped balls for 1 hour before dippings, and also calls for dipping half of them in milk chocolate and half in white chocolate, then drizzling the opposite flavor over the top. (a slotted spoon works really well for both dipping and drizzling) An A+ recipe for sure!

Excellent! I followed the advice to crush cookies in the processor AND then add the cream cheese via the same way. You'll know it's well blended when the whole cookie mixture turns into a big blob...it won't be crumbly at all. I also chilled the dough for about 15 min before rolling. I then chilled the balls (in the freezer) for about 10 min while I melted the chocolate. I dipped 1/2 the batch at at time & then melted the remaining 1/2 of chocolate for the 2nd tray of balls. YUMMY.


Candy Cane Oreo Truffles




INGREDIENTS

36 Oreos (I used mint filled Oreos instead of the original, but you can use either. I just wanted to make mine extra minty )
8 oz cream cheese, softened
16 oz. white chocolate chips
¼ cup crushed candy canes or peppermint candies, for decorating
Order Ingredients Powered by Chicory

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Place the Oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
  • Add the cream cheese and pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
  • Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
  • Scoop the mixture into balls about 1-inch in diameter. I like to use cookie scoop.
  • Place the cookie balls in the freezer until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
  • Remove truffles from freezer and dip in melted chocolate.
  • Return to baking sheet, immediately sprinkle tops with crushed candy canes then allow chocolate to set.
  • Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.


Candy Cane Oreo Truffles
4/ 5
Oleh