Navigation List

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Chantal's New York Cheesecake

People don't realize that *Cracking* comes from over mixing a cheesecake or having too many air bubbles- as well as rapid cooling. The method of cooling this cheesecake WILL prevent cracking- if you don't over mix it. Follow the recipe exactly, and it will turn out awesome.

The first time I made this recipe, I was half way through baking when I realized with horror that I had not bothered to read any of these reviews or suggestions. However, this cheesecake turned out absolutely heavenly without any modifications. The second time I made it though, I took the time to read all of the suggestions here thinking I could make it even better. However, when I followed all of these tips, my cheesecake turned out with a chalky texture, not nearly as good. So, my only suggestion is to avoid all of these suggestions. It's perfect as is!

This cheesecake turned out beautifully. Everyone who tasted said it was the best they ever had and went back for seconds. It was the first cheesecake that I've made. I was always intimidated by the springform pan, but now I know there's nothing to it.Most important for the cheesecake batter, start with room temperature ingredient


CHANTAL'S NEW YORK CHEESECAKE

INGREDIENTS
  • 15 graham crackers
  • crushed 2 tablespoons butter melted 
  • 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese 
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar 
  • 3/4 cup milk 
  • 4 eggs 
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract 
  • 1/4 cup  all-purpose flour


INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch springform pan.
  2. In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs with melted butter. Press onto bottom of springform pan.
  3. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Blend in milk, and then mix in the eggs one at a time, mixing just enough to incorporate. Mix in sour cream, vanilla and flour until smooth. Pour filling into prepared crust.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Turn the oven off, and let cake cool in oven with the door closed for 5 to 6 hours; this prevents cracking. Chill in refrigerator until serving.


Chantal's New York Cheesecake
4/ 5
Oleh