Navigation List

Sunday, October 13, 2019

Manhattan Meatballs

Very easy, and a big hit at the party. Browned the meatballs in a skillet, then dumped them and the sauce in a crockpot.These were good,but on the second batch,I decided to throw in a generous amount of garlic salt and Sauce diference it made! I also didn't have pineapple preserves,so I substituted diced pineapples.Tasty,but I am still looking for an amazing recipe for cocktail meatballs!

Other than using seasoned bread crumbs, I used the recipe as-is. I would, however not suggest cooking the meatballs with the sauce as my was on the verge burning after 20 minutes. I removed the meatballs from the oven and what sauce I could salvage and put them into the slow cooker. Next time I will cook the meatballs and warm the sauce on the stove top where I can control the temperature better.

These were a huge hit at my birthday gathering! Not one of the quadrupled recipe was left. I followed almost as directed but pineapple preserves are expensive in my parts. So I added just a small amount of brown sugar & about a tsp. of pineapple juice to make up for some more sweet. This is definately a keeper.


MANHATTAN MEATBALLS

INGREDIENTS
2 pounds extra lean ground beef 
2 cups dry bread crumbs 
2 eggs 
1/2 cup minced onion 
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley 
2 teaspoons salt 
1 cup barbecue sauce 
1 1/2 (16 ounce) jars pineapple preserves

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix barbecue sauce and pineapple preserves together.
  3. In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine meat, breadcrumbs, eggs, onions, salt, and parsley. Mix well and form into bite-size balls. Arrange the balls in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour the barbecue sauce mixture evenly over the meatballs.
  4. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until the meat is cooked.
Manhattan Meatballs
4/ 5
Oleh