Navigation List

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies

Fantastic cookies!!!! I haven't made peanut butter cookies for at least a year and upon tasting one of these, I just kept going and ate 3. Then my brothers and my sister came back from classes and they also just loved these cookies. I made 1/2 of the recipe, but it still made 30 cookies using my cookie scoop. The only change I made was to add a few shakes of sea salt from my shaker and rather than rolling them into balls and then in sugar, I just dipped my fork into the sugar before making the marks in my scoops, much easier. Mine cooked perfectly in 7 minutes. They are slightly crisp on the edges and soft in the middle, just perfect.

This is a quick and easy recipe- I used creamy peanut butter-but next time for added flavor I might try crunchy style PB. I also added 2 TBS of regular milk ( it keeps the cookies from drying out). I cooked the cookies about 10 to 11 minutes in my electric oven and they were golden brown- left them on the cookie pan about 2 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack. They are very light and moist and chewy also. I hadn't made PB cookies for about 10 years and this was a nice treat.


Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies

INGREDIENTS

  • 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/3 cup peanut butter
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Wilton pearlized nonpareil Christmas sprinkles
  • Peppermint Hershey's kisses (any kind work)

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat your oven to 350F
  2. Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper
  3. In a large mixing bowl, beat your softened butter with your sugars
  4. Now mix in peanut butter, egg, and vanilla
  5. Then mix in your flour and baking soda
  6. Mix in a few tablespoons of sprinkles and scoop out your dough with a tablespoon and roll it into
  7. a ball,
  8. Bake for 10 minutes
  9. Let your cookies cool for about 5 minutes and then place a unwrapped Hershey's Kiss into the
  10. top of each cookie and let your cookies cool completely (if you place the kisses in too soon, they
  11. will melt)

Peanut Butter Christmas Cookies
4/ 5
Oleh