Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

SPINACH LASAGNA

Fresh spinach and plenty of ricotta, Romano and mozzarella make this a cheesy and hearty dish. This lasagna can also be made without the spinach.  made this for a dinner party, and it was a hit! I did make a few changes, though. I substituted 1 14-oz can chopped artichoke hearts (non-marinated) for the mushrooms. Also, I did not pre-cook the noodles, but instead just ran them under hot water before layering them and added about 1/3 cup water to the cheese mixture. They turned out perfectly. 

I was also very generous with the tomato sauce. I will probably add more spinach next time. There were no kids at the party, so I'm not sure about the kid-friendly. This recipe turned out great. I am not so sure I would have liked it as well with the amount of spinach and mushrooms called for.I love spinach lasagna, and this one went over quite well. I did add quite a bit more spinach than just 2 cups fresh - that will hardly give you anything once it's cooked. I also tried a new technique and bought baby spinach in a package and didn't cook it. 


SPINACH LASAGNA 

I layered the noodles, cheese mix and spaghetti sauce with the fresh spinach, packing in quite a bit of the fresh stuff. It turned out pretty well! And it saved a step (and a pan). Also used no-boil noodles for the first time, and was surprised to find that they actually do work pretty well (and save another step and pan). I have made lasagna based on this a few times since (not bothering to follow the recipe exactly - just from memory). I've also used frozen spinach and it works well. 



SPINACH LASAGNA
4/ 5
Oleh