Navigation List

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

CHOCOLATE CHAI WAFFLES

Made 6 med size waffles. Made as directed using homemade applesauce and added some cloves and cinnamon. Topped with freshly sliced strawberries and a dollop of fresh whipped cream. Amazingly delicious...a definite addition to my brunch staples. Oil the waffle iron in between each waffle and if waffle pulls apart, cook an extra 30-60 seconds until cooked through. It will release with no problem.

Yes, I will make these again! Healthy and tasty is a win! I did grind up the oats in my food processor first to a flour or meal consistency only because one child will not eat anything with visible oats in it. And I only had on hand strawberry flavored sweetened applesauce, and it worked out great.

We ate these with traditional syrup and also our typical "strawberry syrup" - which is just some frozen strawberries heated a couple minutes in microwave and then pureed in the blender, with a little sugar added if needed. I think it's the healthiest breakfast that both my husband will eat.

Get the full recipe here >>> CHOCOLATE CHAI WAFFLES @ donnahay.com
CHOCOLATE CHAI WAFFLES
4/ 5
Oleh