Navigation List

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

SKINNY SLOW COOKER FUDGY DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES

These were excellent and SUPER easy too! I only had semi sweet chocolate chips, so I used about 1 cup of them. Then to balance things out I used 1 cup of sugar, rather than the 1 1/2 cups that the recipe calls for. I also added some nuts (pecans) that I had on hand. They're simple, tasty and sweet.

This was very good and simple. I doubled the recipe and put in a 9x13 glass pan. I didn't have unsweetened chocolate squares so I used semi-sweet squares and cut down my sugar by 1/2 cup. These came out so fudgy. I made sure I didn't overcook, because this will effect the "fudginess" of the recipe.


SKINNY SLOW COOKER FUDGY DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES




INGREDIENTS

1 cup + 2 tbsp (135g) white whole wheat flour or gluten-free* flour (measured like this)
1 cup + 2 tbsp (90g) unsweetened cocoa powder (measured like this)
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 tbsp (42g) unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp (90g) plain nonfat Greek yogurt
¾ cup (180mL) pure maple syrup

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Line a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker with foil, and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. If any cooking spray lands on the lip where the lid rests, wipe it off with a paper towel.
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the Greek yogurt, mixing until no large lumps remain. Stir in the maple syrup. Mix in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated.
  • Spread the batter into the prepared slow cooker, and cover with the lid. Turn on the slow cooker to LOW, and bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours**. Turn off the slow cooker and remove the lid when the sides look done and the center looks glossy and slightly wet. Cool completely to room temperature in the slow cooker, and let the brownies sit for at least 4 hours at room temperature for the fudgiest texture before serving.


SKINNY SLOW COOKER FUDGY DARK CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
4/ 5
Oleh