Navigation List

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

COCONUT CRUSTED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST

This crust is so good. I did add 1/2 C. more coconut for a thicker crust, then made a chocolate coconut filling with almonds and a whipped cream topping. Oh my!! Almost better than..well, it was really good.. I combined the coconut and butter in my food processor. The crust turned out wonderfully crisp and almost cookie like. (Just not as sweet.) Wonderful with sugar free pudding as a filling. What a treat!

This crust is wonderful! I've used it with the Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie recipe that appears elsewhere on the site. It's a dynamite combo!this crust is simple and tastes amazing!! The only thing I would do is spray the pie plate with cooking spray..mine stuck a little.Used this as a crust for low carb chocolate mousse--AWESOME! I toasted it in the oven until it was golden brown all over and it was really good. I used unsweetened coconut 


Coconut Crusted Stuffed French Toast

Let's start by saying: I love coconut. So I was in heaven. I gave this recipe a four just because it didn't get very crispy. It didn't really matter, it just wasn't exactly what I was expecting. I filled it with homemade coconut cream pie and it tasted fabulous. I'll definitely be using it again.



COCONUT CRUSTED STUFFED FRENCH TOAST
4/ 5
Oleh